And don’t forget to read the New York City Marathon Tips, Course Strategy and Info! post from RunningAndTheCity.
Monday, October 19th
- Race IQ: Get the Inside Scoop on the NYC Marathon. Join Tailwind Endurance and Finish Line Physical Therapy as they welcome a panel of experts (Jonathan Cane, Kelly Roberts, Mike Cassidy) to discuss the ins, outs and secrets to success at the TCS New York City Marathon. 7 pm at Finish Line Physical Therapy (119 W. 23rd St. #304; punch in 2711 to access the building). More info and registration here. Free.
Tuesday, October 20th
- The New York City Marathon: The Great Race. Check out this new exhibit at the Museum of the City of New York. Show your NYRR membership card or printout for free entry any day. Join NYRR President and CEO Michael Capiraso and Peter Ciaccia—President, Events, and Race Director, TCS New York City Marathon for cocktails and light hors d’oeuvres from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 28th, as well as a chance to view the exhibit with curator Sean Corcoran. There is a discussion with Frank Shorter and Bill Rodgers on October 31st at 3PM. Entry is open to all current NYRR members and one (1) guest on a first-come, first-served basis. I’ll be there opening day (19th) so let me know if I’ll see you! More info here. Maybe Free.
Wednesday, October 21st
- A Breakfast with Kathrine Switzer to benefit Girls on the Run. Join GOTR for an inspirational breakfast featuring Kathrine Switzer, the iconic sports and social advocate who was the first woman to officially enter and run the Boston Marathon. 8 am. Info and Registration here. Not Free.
Saturday, October 24th
- Last 10 Miles of the NYC Marathon. Empire Tri Club & the New York Running Company are teaming up to host a long training run covering the “Last 10 Miles” of the TCS NYC Marathon course, presented by Nike. Coaches will guide you through the course from the 59th Street Bridge, uptown through the Bronx and Harlem, and finish in Central Park by the iconic marathon finish line near Tavern on the Green.
Timeline: 7:30am – Meet at the NY Running Company EAST SIDE location at 63rd & 3rd for bag drop / 7:45am – Runners depart (regroup at the 59th Street Bridge:60th St & 1st Ave) / 7:50am – Meet the coaches, pace groups, directions / 8am – Run begins. Route map can be found here. Run begins at 60th & 1st and ends in Central Park at the Marathon Finish Line. After the run, head on up to the New York Running Company at Columbus Circle for breakfast and 15% off your purchases all day long! Bags will be transported from the East Side NY Running Co. to Columbus Circle to be picked up after the run. There will be a water break on the course around mile 5. Pace groups will be formed. All abilities are welcome. Register here. Free.
Monday, October 26th
- Our (free) Pre-TCS NYC Marathon Yoga + Art + Drinks + Fun PARTY by Only Atoms. 6:30-10pm. Sky Gallery, 460 Union Street, Brooklyn. More Info & RSVP here. Free. ***THIS EVENT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED***
Tuesday, October 27th
- Book Signing and Discussion: Two Hours by Ed Caesar. Discuss the sub-two-hour marathon and meet the author. 4 pm at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- Film Screening: Marathon . Q&A with producer Kate McLean and runner Julio Sauce to follow. 6 pm at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- Meet and Greet with Dean Karnazes presented by The North Face. The rest is TBD. More infohere soon.
- Marathon Course Strategies with Coach John Honerkamp. Learn course and race strategy for first-time marathoners. 7 pm at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
Wednesday, October 28th
- Runner’s World Shakeout Run with ADIDAS. 6 pm at the UWS Jack Rabbit Store. More info here. Free
- Film Screening: ESPN 30 for 30 Short “Every Day” 6 pm at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
On Clouldflyer Launch Party. 6 pm at the Columbus Circle NYC Running Company.
We’re clear for take-off: soar to new heights in the On Cloudflyer, the Swiss brand’s newest shoe. We’ll celebrate in mile-high style with snacks, drinks, and other fun surprises. Cheers to running on clouds!More info here. Free.
- Shake Out Run with Andrew and Deena Kastor. 6:30 pm, Paragon Sports. Join us for a Shake Out Run with Andrew Kastor and Deena Kastor on Wednesday, October 28th at 6:30pm. You will have the opportunity to test out PEAR Sports app, including getting your VO2 max number and theTimex SportsIRONMAN RunX50+ smart watch! More info here. Free.
Book Signing and Discussion: My Year of Running Dangerously
Writer Tom Foreman in a discussion with Sirius XM’s Pete Dominick. 7 pm at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- Breakfast of Champions: Meet and Greet with Halie Gebrselassie and Wilson Kipsang. The rest is TBD. More info here soon.
Thursday, October 29th
- Presentation and Panel Discussion – the Museum of the City of New York. 10:00–10:30 a.m. 7 at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- Kathrine Switzer Book Signing. Meet the author and purchase Marathon Woman in the book signing area. 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- NYRR Presents: Gary Corbitt. The son of legendary distance runner Ted Corbitt will present a revealing history of New York Road Runners. 2:00–2:30 p.m. at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- NYRR Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Honoring Haile Gebrselassie, Tegla Loroupe, Paula Radcliffe, and Paul Tergat. 3:00 p.m. at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- Film Trailer Screening: City Slickers Can’t Stay with Me: The Coach Bob Larsen Story. Bob Larsen and Meb Keflezighi will discuss the making of the film and answer audience questions. 4:00 p.m. at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- Feature Film Screening: Run for Your Life: The Fred Lebow Story 6:00–9:00 p.m. at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- New Balance Girls’ Night Out. 6:00pm at the Columbus Circle NYC Running Company. More info here. Free.
Friday, October 30th
- Yoga for Runners sponsored by Hospital for Special Surgery. Guided by Cara Senicola. 8:00 a.m. at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- Kathrine Switzer Book Signing. Meet the author and purchase Marathon Woman in the book signing area. 9:00–11:00 a.m. at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- TCS goIT Mobile App Awards Presentation. Noon at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- Movie Trailer Screening: Tracktown. Including a special appearance by filmmaker and famed runner Alexi Pappas. 2:00 p.m. at the TCS New York City Marathon Pavilion. More info here. Free.
- Saucony EVERUN Launch with Spring Moves. 6 PM. New York Running Co. The unveiling of Saucony’s innovative cushioning system called EveRUN. Featuring an enhanced energy return, lively underfoot sensation, and increased durability, EveRUN delivers a smooth and fluid ride, which we’ll experience as our friends at Spring Moves serve as our run leaders turned DJs. More info here. Free.
Saturday, October 31st
- Halloween bRunch with On. 9 AM. JackRabbit Upper West Side. No tricks, all treats. Take your Halloween costume for a test run and demo the On CloudFlyer. More info here. Free
- MEBCAN. RITZCAN. UCAN. Join Olympians Meb Keflezighi and Dathan Ritzenhein for a special meet & greet before the New York City Marathon, along with Yale University Researcher Dr. Cathy Yeckel. Hear how Meb and Ritz prepare for a race and get training and nutrition tips from the top two marathoners in the country. Running Panel: 12:30-1:30 PM Meet & Greet: 1:30 – 2:30 PM. New York Marriott Marquis. More info and rsvp here. Free.
- NY Flyers pre marathon dinner (might be members only; register via NY Flyers)
Sunday, November 1st, NYC MARATHON RACE DAY!
- North Brooklyn Runners Post Marathon Party, Barcade, Brooklyn, 5pm-onward. More details to follow.